Developing a healthcare service brand for underserved young people, with the input of young people
Chicago experiences some of the highest STI rates in the country when it comes to teenagers. We needed to create a brand from scratch that that would provide solid, trustworthy information to young people, as well as services that were accessible and comfortable for young people in order to help them feel confident in their healthcare decisions.
In collaboration with:
Mary Foyder, Amanda Geppert, Laura Paradis, Catherine Wieczorek
Notable Strategy & Research
Core 77 Design Awards 2019
We developed Hello Greenlight squarely around the needs of young people. It’s a one-of-a kind sexual health service platform that includes a youth-facing sexual healthcare awareness materials and experiences, a tangible contraceptive counseling tool, and technical assistance for sexual healthcare clinics.
Hello Greenlight utilized the human-centered design process throughout the six month development period. This means we creatively problem-solved using the input of Chicago-area young people in order to identify their needs and understand what challenges they face in the sexual health space. In addition to working with young people, we also closely worked with and continuously gathered input from healthcare providers, because providers administer the day-to-day implementation of many components of Hello Greenlight.
• A brand name that resonated with young people, with the input of young people
• A brand story that worked across audiences and media
• Youth-facing sexual healthcare awareness materials and experiences including printed posters and brochures
• A youth-facing website tailored to the needs of young people on the South and West sides of Chicago
• A provider-facing website and communication materials tailored to the needs of sexual healthcare providers throughout Chicago